The Showcase is a member benefit that provides a Learning Opportunity for members to help them grow in their profession as experts who speak. It is an opportunity for the speaker and the chapter to demonstrate professionalism. The showcase will benefit the speaker as well as give members an opportunity to learn more about each other.
In addition, the showcase is an opportunity to leverage and maximize the value of our distinguished members who are CSPs, CPAEs, etc.
- Must be a Professional Member of NSA.
- Must be a member of NSA/C for a minimum of 6 months and have attended at least 2 meetings.
- Any Professional member eligible to participate.
- Member may present no more than 1 time every 2 years.
- Request should be made to the showcase chair who tracks participation.
- Member must adhere precisely to timing guidelines (10 min.) to enhance the learning experience. (Stop Watch)
Evaluation and Feedback
A Feedback Support Team will offer guided feedback, both written and verbal. Team should consist of CSPs & CPAEs who will offer a formal evaluation, utilizing a format adapted from Toastmasters. Also, all members will be asked to complete a brief evaluation form. If possible, the showcase speaker will have lunch with the Feedback Support Team to facilitate verbal feedback.
Pre-showcase guidelines will be presented to all members. One showcase speaker per meeting will be appropriate, until demand grows.