To show NSA-Carolinas members and guests some serious Speaker LOVE, we invite you to join us for the ‘Week of Speaker Love’ program. We are here to HELP you and your business…listening
**NSA Carolinas Members will receive access to all session recordings**
If you’re interested in joining the Chapter, please explore what NSA Carolinas has to offer - https://www.nsacarolinas.org/about-us
Schedule of Events:
- Monday: Jill Lublin - ‘Get Known Everywhere, Using Publicity’ (Public Relations/Publicity)
- Tuesday: Rain Bennett - ‘The Secret Power of Stories in Your Speech’ (Story-Telling)
- Wednesday: NSA Carolinas Presidents Day Program - hosted by Stan Phelps (Expert Insights & History)
- Thursday: Arel Moodie - ‘How to Turn the Last 5 Minutes of Your Talk into a Calendar Full of Speaking Engagements’ (Data)
- Friday: Rachel Sheerin - ‘Authentic Selling Strategies’ (Sales)
Monday, February 13th
Get Known Everywhere, Using Publicity
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Presented by Jill Lublin
Discover how to be the #1 Influencer and leader in your industry by boosting your credibility and amplifying your media visibility. Based on her international bestseller, Guerrilla Publicity, Jill Lublin shares simple strategies and provides cost-effective short‐term, doable tactics. Helping you understand what the media is looking for, so you and your brand can stand out, get noticed and go from unknown to newsworthy.
Program Key Learnings/Outcomes
1) Understand the real purpose of publicity- To boost your credibility and amplify your visibility.
2) Uncover your "Oooooo, Ahhhhhh!" factor. Find the Wow! that sets you apart from the crowd.
3) You are the news! Craft a riveting message that lets others know who you are and what you do.
4) Simplify! Learn how the pros mesmerize the masses by tailoring their message to the level of a five-year-old.
5) Pass the all-important "Who cares?" test by showcasing your expertise in a way that commands attention.
Jill Lublin is an international speaker on the topics of Publicity, Networking, Kindness and Referrals. She is the author of 4 Best Selling books including Get Noticed...Get Referrals (McGraw Hill) and co-author of Guerrilla Publicity and Networking Magic. Her latest book, Profit of Kindness went #1 in four categories.
Jill is a master strategist on how to position your business for more profitability and more visibility in the marketplace. She is CEO of a strategic consulting firm and has over 25 years experience working with over 100,000 people plus national and international media.
Jill teaches a virtual Publicity Crash Course, and consults and speaks all over the world. She has spoken on many stages with luminaries such as Tony Robbins. Jill also leads an intentional kindness community.
Visit publicitycrashcourse.com/freegift and jilllublin.com
Tuesday, February 14th
The Secret Power of Stories in Your Speech
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Presented by Rain Bennett
Storytelling has been the most effective form of communication since language was invented. And research has proven that stories are extremely effective in moving people toward action. So why aren't more people better at it? Because it's turned into a magical marketing word that most people don't truly understand. This session will get into the nuts and bolts and what makes a story a great story, how to deliver it effectively, and why it will make you a better speaker on stage.
- How to hack the brain using the science behind great stories
- The best way to structure a story for maximum emotional impact on your audience
- When and How to Weave Stories into your speech to Inspire Action
Rain Bennett is an Emmy-nominated filmmaker, author, keynote speaker, and storytelling coach with over 15 years of experience producing documentary films. He hosts a weekly podcast called The Storytelling Lab which features the top storytellers in the world and recently released his first book, Six Second Stories. His mission is simple: to teach people how to leverage storytelling to grow their communities, deepen their connections, and maximize their impact in minimal time.
Wednesday, February 15th
12:00pm - 1:00pm
NSA Carolinas Presidents Day Program
Presented by Stan Phelps (Moderator) & Past NSA-C Presidents
Learn from over 80+ years of experience. Four of NSA Carolinas' Past Presidents will share some insights and love on how to grow your speaking business.
Join us for an hour of power-packed 5-minute IGNITE-style presentations from 12 to 1 p.m. You'll learn from:
- SALES - Ray Leone (Sales Funnel Guru and Past-President 2003-04)
- MARKETING - Chuck Gallagher CSP (Video savant and Past President 2014-15)
- CONTENT - Jeff Davidson CSP (author of over 50 books and Past President 2000-01)
- PLATFORM SKILLS - Jane Jenkins-Herlong CSP, CPAE (master storyteller/humorist and Past President 2013-14)
Thursday, February 16th
How to Turn the Last 5 Minutes of Your Talk into a Calendar Full of Speaking Engagements
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Presented by Arel Moodie
As a professional speaker you want to make it easy to book more speaking engagements so you can focus on what you love; sharing your message to impact lives.
But let's be honest, most speakers do a HORRIBLE job collecting any data to prove the effectiveness of our talks.
What if you could easily (I mean ridiculously easily) put up one QR at the end of your talk that would instantly
- Collect data of how effective your talk actually is
- Have that data instantly turned into a beautifully visual report
- Easily get testimonials without having to ask for them
- Build your email list
AND pull speaking leads from every audience you speak to
- WHILE automating your follow up?!?!?!?!
What if every time you spoke you could build incredible momentum in booking your next talks and best yet all of the work was done for you?
If you are intrigued by this, I encourage you to join us on Thursday (2/16) @ 12pm EST because we will be breaking down a strategy that will help you do this that most speakers don't know about.
You can use this to get rebooked, booked in cold markets who don't know you yet, or go deeper in your current client vertical.
Register now to reserve your spot for this really special training that will guarantee you a leg up on all other speakers.
Arel Moodie is a best-selling author and professional speaker who has spoken in 48 states and 5 countries to over 750,000 people while generating millions of dollars from his s
peaking business. Arel leveraged his speaking business to become a Disney+ host of Family Reboot produced by Kelly Rippa.
Arel is now the co-founder of Talkadot, a software tool designed to help speakers pull leads from their audience, easily get testimonials & audience data, and build their credibility so they can book more speaking engagements. You can get a free account at www.talkadot.com
Friday, February 17th
Authentic Selling Strategies
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Presented by Rachel Sheerin
Sales can be a lot of things: Hard. Stressful. Confusing. Nerve-wracking. Awkward. Non-existent.
But Sales can also be: Fun. Easy. Simple. Confidence-boosting. Connective. Abundant!
In this fast-paced, actionable session, award-winning keynote speaker and emcee Rachel Sheerin opens up her playbook and shares her favorite strategies for booking great gigs with clients you love! Go from stressed to excited about sales with Rachel and your fellow speakers no matter what level of your career you are at, plus walk away with:
- 5 winning strategies for attracting + booking great gigs
- The 3 secret ingredients for compelling speakers
- The 1 thing your sales pitch may be missing (and it's costing you!)
- PLUS: Rachel's personal templates for connecting via LinkedIn with prospects
Join Rachel as she helps you tap into your own creative, authentic sales genius so you can connect with clients you love and rock referrals on a whole new level!
Rachel Sheerin is an award winning speaker and emcee on a mission to unlock the happiness success cycle in all of us. As a Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst, Rachel takes her passion for people and pairs it with energy, humor and tangible takeaways to help audiences transform from tired to triumphant! Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, Rachel's been seen on over 500 stages across the global, serving clients like WAL-MART, The Ritz Carlton, Bank of America and more. Most importantly, she's mom to the cutest pitbull in the world and takes her margaritas on the rocks. You can follow along Rachel's weekly burnout-prevention posts by connecting with her on LinkedIn.